TIM Resource Center
Multi-agency, multi-disciplinary training for various aspects of traffic incident management is offered by members of the TIM Coalition at regular intervals. Trainers are FHWA certified and approved by the Nevada Department of Public Safety and Nevada Department of Transportation. Please check the calendar for specific training locations and times. TIM training is open and free to TIM Coalition Members.
If you wish to provide training for TIM stakeholders or wish to have a specific training offered through the TIM Coalition please email email@example.com
Download the SHRP2 TIM Training Overview:
If you would like to host a TIM Responder 4 hour Training or a Train the Trainer for two days please contact us!
Las Vegas Valley Hands-On TIM Exercises
In May 2017, the Nevada TIM Coalition held three full days of hands-on TIM exercises for Las Vegas Valley responders. This multi-disciplinary, dynamic training included work zone traffic control, hazmat spill containment, responding to a mass casuality major incident with fatalities.
Safety Summit Crash Demonstration
On October 17, 2018, the Nevada TIM Coalition facilitated a realistic crash reconstruction to demonstrate TIM best practices and the roles of first responders at crash scenes. The Nevada Traffic Safety Summit is an annual event held each October in Reno. For more information on the summit, click here. (Any injured person shown in these photos is an actor or a manikin.)
Traffic Incident Management Demonstration
Nevada TIM Coalition Training Video
Traffic Incident Management (IACP Video) provides an 18 minute explanation of what TIM is.
Move Over – Responder Safety
TIM Emergency Response – Las Vegas
HATS of Incident Management
Cobb County Roadway Safety
Traffic Incident Management
SHRP2 TIM Training
2021 Nevada Traffic Safety Summit
SHRP 2 TIM Training
Pictures from TIM Training and other Activities
Las Vegas Fire and Rescue, along with other first responders, participates in the Nevada Traffic Safety Summit held in Las Vegas on October 19, 2021. We are grateful for those that gave of their time as well as offered their skills & talents to make this another successful event.
A SHRP2 4-hour TIM Training class was held on March 10, 2021 for the Department of Wildlife. This training was invaluable to this department as along with their other duties, they also work vehicle crashes. In 2021, there were 430 first responders trained throughout the state.
The Nevada TIM Coalition will continue to focus on training, multi-disciplinary demonstrations and exercises, and other activities in order to bring attention to responder safety. The Nevada TIM Coalition thanks all for their continued support and participation.
- Federal Highway Administration
- FHWA – Traffic Control Concepts for Incident Clearance
- Responder Safety Yearly Fatality Report
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Traffic Incident Management Quick Clearance Laws
- National Traffic Incident Management Coalition – AASHTO
- ITS Joint Program Office
- Emergency Response Guidebook
- Incident Command System Training (General Information & Courses)
- Zero Fatalities Dashboard / Crash Data
Nevada TIM Resources
Nevada Revised Statutes –
(These are the laws that are reviewed in the SHRP2 4-Hour TIM Training material)
Electric Vehicle Information & Resources – Online
- NFPA – Alternative Fuel Vehicle Safety Training – GREAT INFORMATION
- Lexipol – Emergency Response to Electric Vehicle Crashes
- UL Webinars Share Lithium-Ion Battery Science for Safe Response
- Know Your Safety Risks: Electric Vehicle Battery Fires
- Know the Threats Before You Attack an Electric Vehicle Fire
- NFPA Electric Vehicle Safety Training
- Vehicle Extrication / University of Extrication
- Tesla First Responder Training
- NFPA Emergency Response Guide – EV
- Energy Security Agency
- Risk Analysis for Towing & Recovery Professionals
- WRECKMASTER – Hybrid / Electric Vehicle Awareness Course
- Tesla Model X First Responder Training – Advanced Extrication
- How to Approach & Extinguish an Electrical Vehicle Fire
- NTSB Lithium-Ion Battery Fires in Electric Vehicles – Safety Risks to Emergency Responders
- National Fire Protection Assoc. – Various Articles
- Electric Vehicle Fire Newscast